First Duke Meeting,Travels to North Germany, Sunday at the Ballet


Time is surely going by SO fast these days. I can't believe it's been three weeks since I have been back to writing here, which needs to change. Classes are going well moving into the 'nitty gritty' of the school year. I have been busy with my lower school cheerleading team and after school dance program, which are both going really well. My lower school dance class will be performing in an middle school assembly in a few weeks, which they are very excited for. Only a couple more practices left until the performance.

Two weeks ago, I had my first Duke of Edinburgh meeting with my group, which is comprised of five very lovely ladies, who will be nothing but a pleasure to work with along with my co-leader, who is also a teacher at the school. The groups were given a scavenger hunt to complete, using their map reading skills to obtain different items in order to make spaghetti in the woods. The girls seemed to be able to map read very well and were able to complete the different tasks with much confidence.

This past week, I had the chance to visit my second cousin and great uncle in the north of Germany for five days during our 'fall break'. It was so nice to see the both of them again and spend some time sharing memories over coffee and cake, walks along the river, and I even got some sewing in, which was lovely. It was a great opportunity to wind down after the last couple of busy weeks at school and 'unplug' from technology. I even had the chance to visit Hanover and walk through the altstadt, which was absoutely gorgeous.

 This afternoon, I'll be headed to see Stuttgart Ballet perform 'Onegin' with my roommate Sarah, which I am excited about. I haven't see this ballet yet and figured why not take the opportunity with a friend to see something new and spend an Sunday afternoon together.