Travels to Köln, Canadian Thanksgiving, Duke Trip

The last three weeks have truly been some of my busiest weeks so far here in Germany,which is part of the reason it's taken me this long to finally get back to writing here. My classes have been going well, starting to make better connections with my students as well as getting into the 'nitty gritty' of the school year. I have also been busy with my after school dance program and co-coaching the lower school cheerleading team, which all of the kids have great to get to know.

Two weekends ago, we had a short school holiday break for German Reunification Day, so I took the opportunity to go visit my aunt and uncle in Essen, a town about 30 minutes from Düsseldorf in the north of Germany. It was so nice to see them again and spend some time with them. We ended up going to a fall festival at a local farm in Essen, went to visit a Forest Kindergarten (which is one of the COOLEST things), and I got the chance to see both of my cousins. While in Essen, I took the chance to take a day trip to Köln, which was lovely. I spend time just walking through the Altstadt (the old city), visited the Chocolate Factory, and visited the Dom.














Last weekend, it was Canadian Thanksgiving, so my friend Kristen invited a whole group of the friends over to her house to celebrate. It was really nice to be together with some of the friends that I have been able to meet here in Stuttgart and also get to have some fun with their kids as well.



This weekend, I am on a Supervisor training for the Duke of Edinburgh, a program that I will be involved with heavily in the spring. We are headed to a small town here in South Germany about an hour and a half from Stuttgart, learning about the program and going on an sample mini-expedition (which is a large component of the program). We shall see how the weekend goes, for someone who is not an outdoorsy kind of person!