Soccer Game, Ritter Chocolate Factory, and Volksfest

This week was quite another busy week, between having a few classes to sub for this week, as well as still getting into the swing of things at school. My classes are going well and I feel like I am really starting to connect with my students better and find the ways in which I can support them in their classes. But I am definitely looking forward to a couple days off next week, to recharge and get to see family. 

Aiden, my good friend Kristen's son, invited me to watch him play in a soccer tournament he was asked to play yesterday with his team from school, which was super cute. After the game, Kristen's family and I trekked to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory in Waldenbuch- which is a city halfway between Stuttgart and Boblingen (another city nearby Stuttgart). We had lots of fun getting to see how they make chocolate and even got to taste some samples of the different kinds of chocolates that Ritter Sport makes. The highlight had to be this "chocolate factory machine', in which you pushed a button and a small truck would appear from the 'factory' and drop a piece of chocolate to you through a shoot. Aiden and Mara thought it was the coolest thing ever and we all pushed the button about four times each. 
Chocolate Factory Machine

After we finished our chocolate factory adventure, of course getting some chocolate for the road, we headed back to Stuttgart to check out the rides at Volksfest, which this weekend was opening weekend for the fest. We ended up going on the huge ferris wheel together, which we had an incredible view of the city. We ended up meeting up with another family that we are good friends with and shared a beer together before doing one of the rides together. 



View from Ferris Wheel