French-Italian-German Festival and Vietnamese Food

Another week in the books of the beginning of the school year. This week, I had quite a few classes to sub, so I was very busy this week at school. I am still in the process of getting to know all of my students, as well as finding the best ways to support them in their classes, which has been a challenge that is well accepted. My EAL students are definitely growing on me as well as and am starting to really enjoy working with them twice a week. 

One of last year's interns, Liz, who's now teaching in the Kindergarten program at the school invited all the interns to her favorite spot in town, a Vietnamese restaurant near downtown Stuttgart. She's been raving about this place since we first met her at the beginning of the school year, so we had to go. Let me tell you: the food was incredibly delicious and I am so glad she took all of us there to experience it! 
Rice Noodle Bowl with Shrimp Spring Rolls

This weekend, I traveled to Tübingen for the French-Italian-German Festival, which was truly out of this world. Lots of yummy food, drinks, and small specialties all set up in the Altstadt (old city) part of Tübingen. I ended up bumping into several of my colleagues at the festival, which was nice to spend some time together outside of school and explore the city together. 

Delicious Caramel Macaroon