New Teacher Orientation and A Cafe

After six weeks of summer camp work here in Stuttgart, it was time to embark on my first steps of school: new teacher orientation! This week was a week that reality definitely set in and now it was time to get serious about the school year ahead. Throughout the week, I got to meet all of the new teachers, who most are coming from other international schools and are ironically mostly from the States. I also got the chance to meet my two Special Ed colleagues and start collaborating/brainstorming about the year ahead. I am excited to get to work with three individuals who have extensive Spec. Ed experience in the international school setting as well as meet my students in a few short days. This week was definitely one of my harder weeks here so far, having to adjust to all the information given in such a short period of time, but I am hopeful that things will start to make sense once I can start applying them in the classroom. I have three more days of teacher orientation this coming week with the whole school faculty and school begins on Thursday.

I decided to explore this cute little cafe down the street for a cup of coffee and some breakfast, which was a lovely way to start the day (as well as a great spot to write this blog post). A colleague of mine shared this book, The New Normal, which is a book compiled of tales from International Teachers. I am only a couple pages in, but I recommended it for anyone who in the teaching profession or interested in living abroad. I am eager to read some more in my free time over the next couple days.