Killesberg, German Class, and Ballet

I can't believe that this was my third week here in Stuttgart; time is sure going very fast these days! This week was filled with a couple hot summer camp days, time with friends, and lots of walking. On Wednesday, I had my first German class lesson, with the other four American interns. We learned how to introduce ourselves and others, as well as learned the alphabet and some basic vocabulary. Since I'm the only one who has been exposed to the German language before coming to Stuttgart, the first class was a nice refresher from my German School days when I was young, and I felt really confident. We'll have to see how much being exposed to the language will help me learn to speak the language. 

This week's summer camp field trip was to Killesberg, a local park in Stuttgart, that has a view of the whole city. The kids enjoyed being able to play on the playground in the park, as well as climb the steel tower that gives you an aerial view of the whole city. They were amazed actually how high up they were in the air, which I was shocked too about how high up we were on this metal structure. 




This afternoon, I will go with a bunch of the summer camp staff/interns to go see the Stuttgart Ballet perform John Cranko's Romeo and Juliet, which I am SO stoked about. I am interested in seeing this version of Romeo and Juliet, as I have seen the Balanchine version performed by NYC Ballet.